Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Pitter-Patter of little feet.

How many times have you heard the expression 'The pitter-patter of little feet'.

I really 'get' that phrase now. Yes, before it sounded nice but now I have that little sound pitter-pattering around the apartment all day and I just didn't realise just how cute it really is. Especially now the warmer weather is here, which results in bare feet on the bamboo floor boards.

It's particularly prevalent in the morning when the apartment is blissfully quiet and usually when I am having a cheeky 'lie in' and suddenly I hear the door opening and pitter-pattering towards the bed and then hear 'mama, mama'. So sweet.

Funny how a phrase can be brought to life (and have such a different meaning) after the arrival of a litttle person into a household.

No comments: